• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help edit button gone in calendar

ninjakyle,

it sounds like you are using the calendar pad app (like me). i, too, was getting annoyed with the suddenly missing "edit" feature.

i discovered that if you go to agenda and then tap to look for more events, the one i need to edit shows up and then i can edit the date, etc.

but for the stock cal app, i just long press the event and get the "edit" function.

what's weird is that in cal pad, when i tap on an event, it initially shows the date info as if i can edit it, but then it disappears and leaves me with only reminder and "attending?" settings.

anyways, hope this helps and i hope cal pad fixes this in the future.

peace,

rich

Upvote 0
You guys are right:
1. I was using Calendar Pad (which is awesome)
2. In regular Cal app, if I am in the right screen, I CAN long-press the event for edit!
3. Yes, In cal pad it pops up for a second like I could edit it . . . wish it would stay

more Wish list:
-Be able to edit which calendar an event is in (switch an event from my calendar to my wife's calendar from the phone)
-be able to set the default reminder time to "none" on the phone

Thanks for your help peeps

Upvote 0
Hi Guys,

I have the same issue with my corporate sync calendar entries for one of my work calendars - missing edit button, but I have found a valid workaround which works well for me. BTW, I am using a Motorola Defy On Android 2.1, Rooted.

If I create a calendar entry on my phone, I can edit it on both the phone and in Outlook, no problems (date, time, subject, contect, etc). But if it's created in Outlook on the PC (similar to being created in Google Calendar, etc) and sync'd to the phone, I cannot access an edit button and I cannot update the entry from the phone and I have to go to the PC to do so - not always convenient! Now this is isolated to just one of my corporate sync accounts, and I do not see this problem in the others I have (google and another corp sync account).

My workaround is to have a 3rd party calendar tool loaded on the phone to enable me to edit the entry if required when the standard droid app doesn't allow it. The app that works for me is free and is called "Touch Calendar Free" and I found it on the Android Marketplace, but try some others you come across if you like. When I come across an entry in my calendar which doesn't allow me to edit it (no edit button), I fire up Touch Calendar and edit it from there - works just fine and sync back to the Outlook calendar no problems.

It's only a work-around, not a fix, but it allows me to change an appointment on the phone that I would have otherwise would have had to go to the PC to change.

Let me know if it works for you guys!

Cheers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones