• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Education for Wireless Communications Career

la sal

Android Expert
Feb 19, 2011
Waukesha, WI
Looking into going back to school for something in the wireless communications industry. Any certificates or associates programs that you can recommend?

I have a bachelor's of science but do not desire to get another one at this time.

Cell phone repair, trouble shooting & store management would jobs that I have my interest.

Cellphone repair would be ET (electronic technician), then about a year of working as an "apprentice" (the term is a bit dated, but working under someone's direct supervision). Troubleshooting is part of repair. You can't fix it if you can't diagnose it. That comes from the knowledge you get with an ET degree and experience. For instance, with most Android phones if they indicate that the charger is plugged in and it's not, it's a short in the charging port. That's experience. (So is the fact that people jam the charger plug into the port, breaking it and causing a short.)

Store management? That would be part of an MBA, I'd guess. It would include things like people management (which is part psychology and part magic), stock management (anything sitting on a shelf is costing money), etc. But I don't know of any programs that would teach just those parts of an MBA that would relate to store management.

Reactions: la sal
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones