• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email Accounts Disappearing

I have the same problem and have posted to the other forum here. When my accounts disappear, I get the same behavior (wrong msgs/headers) unless I clear the application cache before re-setting up the accounts. You can clear the Email application's cache (database) by performing the following:

Home (menu button) -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications
Hit the menu button and select Filter, clicking the All radio button
Scroll down the the Email application and click on it. Click the 'Clear data' button.

I really shouldn't have to know how to do this from memory.

Thanks! I did that (since it isn't a huge deal to re-setup 3 accounts) and haven't seen the issue since!

Upvote 0
Just happened again. It's 4:15pm Eastern; I have no idea when it dumped

Services running:

Android Keyboard
BluetoothOppSerivce
BluetoothPbapService
ExchangeListenerSvc (Touchdown)
ActiveSyncListenerSvc (Touchdown)
UpdateService (BBC News)
DroidInService
ACCUWX_Widget$Upd...
UpdateService (Digital Clock)
RingGuardService

Installed Gmote earlier, but never turned it on.
Attached via USB to PC earlier in the day

Upvote 0
Just want to say that I don't think it's necessarily related to Exchange. My co-worker and I both have a Droid -- it's continuously happening to him, never happens to me. We're both pointing to the same exchange server.

He's exchanged his phone through Verizon and still has the same issue with a new phone.

I have no idea what the culprit is, but it's annoying. I've finally taught him how to set his email back up, though, so he can set it back up quickly.. that doesn't make it much less annoying, though.

Upvote 0
I too have the issue with non-gmail app accounts.. Any email account I have (IMAP is what I use) drops off. Simply disappears. OK setting them up is quick and easy but I shouldn't have to do that.. So frustrating.

When it is working it is a great little app.. But annoying when the accounts disappear.

I have tried the cache clearing trick mentioned above.. Will see if that solves it but I will not hold my breath..

(HTC Desire HD with Android 202 factory loaded)

Upvote 0
I'm the IT support at a law firm of about 100 attorneys with smartphones, and its REALLY hard to keep them pro-Android when crap like this happens!

I'd say about 60 people have iphones, 40 people have Android, and maybe 2 people still have a Blackberry.

Very randomly, some of the Android users' email account will just disappear from the phone. This is not good when it happens while they are on a trip or over the weekend.

Its really hard to keep them pro-Android...all they know is that "this never happens to their coworkers with the iphone..."

That being said, I've noticed this happens to people with HTC phones more often than any other brand.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones