• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email app notifications intermittent?

ergalthema

Nov 12, 2009
Sometimes I don't get notification for new emails in my exchange server Email app. It worked fine for a year. It seems like the notifications might stop if the Email app had an email open last time I used it (opposed to viewing the list of emails), but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Considering I use the Email app exclusively for work, this is frustrating to realize I've gone hours without realizing I've missed emails.

First thing I would try is uninstall the email account and set it up again from scratch and re-check the email settings for synching email. If all else fails I would try a different email app to see how it performs. I have found on my various android devices once in a great while I have to delete the account and set it up again as something goes screwy and that usually solves it. Mary

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones