• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email has stopped working since update

chica928

Lurker
Apr 20, 2012
After a recent Android update to my Droid charge, I started having email and battery problems.

I have Aol mail and the mandatory Gmail accounts on my phone and they will no longer update with new emails. I can't even access the account settings for either one of these two accounts.

Additionally, my battery life seems to have been cut in half.

I have not been to the Verizon store nor have I found any threads describing this behavior in support forums.

Has anyone else seen these problems since the recent update?

Many thanks!

After a recent Android update to my Droid charge, I started having email and battery problems.

I have Aol mail and the mandatory Gmail accounts on my phone and they will no longer update with new emails. I can't even access the account settings for either one of these two accounts.

Additionally, my battery life seems to have been cut in half.

I have not been to the Verizon store nor have I found any threads describing this behavior in support forums.

Has anyone else seen these problems since the recent update?

Many thanks!

For the battery life issue, people in other Charge forums have reported that restarting the phone completely three times seems to take care of the issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones