• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email problems

there's a gmail bug where messages with attachments sometimes just get stuck in the outbox, and it's just sitting there "sending" forever. I usually toggle airplane mode or wifi to get gmail to actually send. Apparently this issue has been around for a long time, and google doesn't really do anything about it. I currently use the stock HTC mail app to send messages with attachments. clunky fix, sigh. Over the last two days, I've had one or two incidents where the stock mail app gave me a notification: "failed to send".... but I just pressed resend and it went through.

Upvote 0
there's a gmail bug where messages with attachments sometimes just get stuck in the outbox, and it's just sitting there "sending" forever. I usually toggle airplane mode or wifi to get gmail to actually send. Apparently this issue has been around for a long time, and google doesn't really do anything about it. I currently use the stock HTC mail app to send messages with attachments. clunky fix, sigh. Over the last two days, I've had one or two incidents where the stock mail app gave me a notification: "failed to send".... but I just pressed resend and it went through.

I got that failed to send last Friday using my work email on the stock email app. Weird?

Why don't you use the gmail app for gmail?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones