1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Email problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LieutenantSerg, Dec 23, 2012.

1. LieutenantSerg

Anyone one else have trouble sending emails, mostly emails with attachments, from your phone?

I am using the stock mail app, is there a better app or is it just me having problems with this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

I don't have any problems but there's a size limit on attachments

3. LieutenantSerg

Re-entered my account information and it seemed to do the trick

OverByter likes this.
  4. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Appreciate your posting your solution.

5. EazySteve

EazySteve Android Enthusiast

Which email provider? I've removed the account and added it back but still having issues with html

6. pinocytosis

pinocytosis Member

there's a gmail bug where messages with attachments sometimes just get stuck in the outbox, and it's just sitting there "sending" forever. I usually toggle airplane mode or wifi to get gmail to actually send. Apparently this issue has been around for a long time, and google doesn't really do anything about it. I currently use the stock HTC mail app to send messages with attachments. clunky fix, sigh. Over the last two days, I've had one or two incidents where the stock mail app gave me a notification: "failed to send".... but I just pressed resend and it went through.

7. EazySteve

EazySteve Android Enthusiast

I got that failed to send last Friday using my work email on the stock email app. Weird?

Why don't you use the gmail app for gmail?

8. boomer_jmoore

boomer_jmoore Android Enthusiast

Sending pics or downloading pic attachments via 4G on Mobster ROM 4V doesn't work. I don't think it's worked even on stock...