• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help email to text

eturner1572

Lurker
Nov 29, 2012
i just got my warp and i love it, its a great phone, my first android phone, and i get email to text from my dispatch, since i am on the fire department, and i want to set up a ringtone for that email, so when i get a call and it sends me an email my certain tone goes off and i know i have a call. but i am having trouble doing this, i have the email saved in my contacts but it wont let me set a ringtone because there's no phone number

When the email comes in, in text form...is there a shortcode that displays that you can put in as a number? That way when you get the text from that number you'll have the "Contact" saved and can assign a separate ringtone for that?

Edit in mid posting thought: BTW, I don't believe the stock "Contacts" allows you to set separate ringtones for contacts in the first place. I use Contacts+ myself, I am currently testing this for you to see if I can get it to work on a test basis...you should be able to do this using the contacts+ app and have no problems.

Upvote 0
stock contacts does indeed let you pick a custom ringtone a and picture...

Edit: unless that was changed between boost and public version but i doubt it...

Is it an email or a text that notifies you?

Hmm, I haven't been stock for quite a while, but I swore that you couldn't set contact specific ringtones, but I could be wrong on that. Stock was to bland for me anywho.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones