• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email wont work !

shelbs

Lurker
Apr 20, 2010
I have the sprint Htc hero, and I love everything about the phone except that I cannot get my email to work whatsoever. Ive been trying to set up my school email onto this phone and contacted the computer support service and they told me to set the protocol as IMAP, the incoming server setting as mail.hartford.edu and then use sprints outgoing server settings. I did all of this and a warning pops up saying "cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account information. your server is not responding."
Any ideas?!?!?
Thanks!

I have the sprint Htc hero, and I love everything about the phone except that I cannot get my email to work whatsoever. Ive been trying to set up my school email onto this phone and contacted the computer support service and they told me to set the protocol as IMAP, the incoming server setting as mail.hartford.edu and then use sprints outgoing server settings. I did all of this and a warning pops up saying "cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account information. your server is not responding."
Any ideas?!?!?
Thanks!

Looks like they want you to use Sprint as a smarthost. Check with Sprint to see if they allow this. They might not be using Exchange and that is why they want you to use Sprint.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones