• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Emoji turning into ?? on LinkedIn

Hi

Having an Emoji issue on LinkedIn with Samsung Galaxy S4. I dont have any problems inserting emoji into mms etc but just on LinkedIn where any Emoji show correctly at time of keying but then turn into ?? when I make the post. My software shows as up to date with 4.2.2.
Can anybody solve this please?

I'm somewhat surprised you would want to use emojis on LinkedIn at all considering it's a business-focused service. However, if you are determined to then can you explain how you enter them?

If you just type basic ones using normal punctuation like this :) (which is a : followed by a )). Then I would expect them to show up properly. If you are selecting even more silly ones then I wouldn't expect them to show up properly as they are effectively a separate font that is almost certainly not available on a site like LinkedIn.

Reactions: DrBlockbuster
Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply!!!

I'm sorry for not being clear. The Samsung Galaxy S4 I am using HAS an emoji keyboard. On entering a smiley face for example the smiley face shows correctly as an emoji when I enter the post/comment but then turns into a double question mark.
I note that some users ARE able to post them and some users are NOT able.
I am wondering if this is an iOS can and Android can't scenario ie the interfacing of LinkedIn with Apple/Android.
Pleased to receive any further thoughts/suggestions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones