1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

emulated?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scottpotblack, Jul 21, 2013.

1. scottpotblack

scottpotblack Lurker

Hey everyone this is the first time I've posted here, basically when I go to my files and click on one of the folders it says /storage/emulated/0 is this correct or has it got something to do with me downloading the retro emulators? Plus I have a galaxy s4
    Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Hi Scott, and welcome to AF :)

No, nothing to do with anything you've downloaded. It's using part of the internal storage to emulate an sd card. I imagine you'll find that /storage/emulated/0 is the same as /sdcard, just different ways of addressing it.

3. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert

This is one of the most ill-thought out parts of Android.

If you are familiar with Unix you will know that there are links and symbolic links which are used to refer to a storage location. They are rather like the index entries in a text book. More than one entry in the index can refer to the same section of the book.

Android has a thoroughly confusing multiplicity of ways to refer to the internal and external storage locations as well as several names for them. I am an old hand at Unix but I still find the numerous ways in which the storage areas in Android are referred to confusing but Hadron is spot on. This is nothing to do with anything you have downloaded or to do with emulators.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews