1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support emulated?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scottpotblack, Jul 21, 2013.

1. scottpotblack

scottpotblack Lurker
    None

Jul 21, 2013
    Hey everyone this is the first time I've posted here, basically when I go to my files and click on one of the folders it says /storage/emulated/0 is this correct or has it got something to do with me downloading the retro emulators? Plus I have a galaxy s4
    Thanks

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Hi Scott, and welcome to AF :)

No, nothing to do with anything you've downloaded. It's using part of the internal storage to emulate an sd card. I imagine you'll find that /storage/emulated/0 is the same as /sdcard, just different ways of addressing it.

3. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert
    None

May 9, 2011
    Male
    Yorkshire
    This is one of the most ill-thought out parts of Android.

If you are familiar with Unix you will know that there are links and symbolic links which are used to refer to a storage location. They are rather like the index entries in a text book. More than one entry in the index can refer to the same section of the book.

Android has a thoroughly confusing multiplicity of ways to refer to the internal and external storage locations as well as several names for them. I am an old hand at Unix but I still find the numerous ways in which the storage areas in Android are referred to confusing but Hadron is spot on. This is nothing to do with anything you have downloaded or to do with emulators.