• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[EMULATOR] MAME4droid released

still no go. So if you all seem to find working versions on this build of mame then cool. But unless you prove it then I call no go. I am done searching for these "working" rom sets for this version. Oh well it was a nice try and I'll play a few other games that I like that are working but so far 15 out of 20 roms that I want to play are not working and missing files, but work on the latest windows MAME... so I call no joy.

Not sure what you are searching with, but typing in MAME4all and or GP2X will come up with places to get them. The GP2X was the first device to get MAME4All.... I think. Not sure about that. Perhaps the first device to play the games decently.

Upvote 0
I found a site with the 0.37 romset thanks to the google suggestion above, soo far all are working except for metal slug 2.

Some games that I'd love to play that are not in this set include:

Alien VS Predator
wwf superstars
Chase H.Q
Continental Circus

shame

otherwise the romset is awesome, galaga and other classics playing on a phone, pure awesomeness.

Upvote 0
Not sure what you are searching with, but typing in MAME4all and or GP2X will come up with places to get them. The GP2X was the first device to get MAME4All.... I think. Not sure about that. Perhaps the first device to play the games decently.

I found a site with the 0.37 romset thanks to the google suggestion above, soo far all are working except for metal slug 2.

Alien VS Predator
wwf superstars
Chase H.Q
Continental Circus

shame

otherwise the romset is awesome, galaga and other classics playing on a phone, pure awesomeness.

So pull bump and jump(bnj) if it is 12-14k not going to work. Also R-Type at all locals is not working. I have a bunch more that are not working, but there are several others that are so it is a hit and miss, but so far for me it is mostly a miss for the games I want to play.

Upvote 0

Alien VS Predator
wwf superstars
Chase H.Q
Continental Circus

shame

The games you mention work with the beta of Tiger Arcade. AvP works work the public release. Not sure when the dev us releasing the new Tiger Arcade that plays a BUNCH of games.

Upvote 0
So pull bump and jump(bnj) if it is 12-14k not going to work. Also R-Type at all locals is not working. I have a bunch more that are not working, but there are several others that are so it is a hit and miss, but so far for me it is mostly a miss for the games I want to play.

Bump n Jump works for me, as does every game I tried, which due to my compulsive nature, has been a lot.

Upvote 0
can not even get the roms to download properly on my samsung galaxy tablet. When it downoloads it says getfile zip or when I try to unzip it, it says unzip failed. Any help would be great.

You do not unzip them. They need to be zipped and the file names unchanged. Also needs to be in the directory path as the instructions note.

Upvote 0
How are the controls? My main complaint about emulators is the controls. It just plain sucks trying to play a lot of action games with touch controls. I'm fine with my OG Droid and a Game Gripper but I'd rather play on my Nook Colors larger screen. Console emulators have RPGs and whatnot that don't need fast twitch style of game play but Arcade games are pretty much all action games.

Upvote 0
It took me about an hour to get the roms to work, but after that I got the ones i wanted too. They run very well. Is there a way to make thev controls better though? There fine for something like frogger but not responisve enough for pacman. Ive fiddled with sensitivity and it doesnt seem to help much. Turning off control animation helped but not enough.

@Texas: options,settings, display fps from main menu

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones