• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Enable Driving Mode?

I've read posts from people who have accidentally enabled driving mode, but I've got the opposite problem. I've enabled it and yet it doesn't seem to do any of the things documented. I went into the settings and enabled every option, yet no voices telling me about phone calls, emails, calendar events, txt messages, etc.

What could I be missing?

I've read posts from people who have accidentally enabled driving mode, but I've got the opposite problem. I've enabled it and yet it doesn't seem to do any of the things documented. I went into the settings and enabled every option, yet no voices telling me about phone calls, emails, calendar events, txt messages, etc.

What could I be missing?

Is your bluetooth headset connected? If so, then the voice features are playing through that... Either put it in your ear, or shut down bluetooth. Also, check you volume settings. Make sure Media volume is turned up.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this applies to you. After the "upgrade" to 2.3.6, it seems all my voice command/voice recognition features have had a significant performance degradation. Time to process my voice commands has tripled - when it works at all. I've mucked around with settings, and it works a little better. Sometimes, rebooting my phone fixes the problem. I don't know for a fact that 2.3.6 is the culprit, but the performance issues with this and maps navigation started appearing after the upgrade - after months of being reliable. So that's too much of a coincidence for me not to blame 2.3.6.

Upvote 0
Still have no idea what driving mode is?
It is located under Voice Talk and one other location that I cannot remember.
It makes the device read notifications to you so you do not have to take your eyes off the road.
I didn't really like it after I tried it so I have forgotten the location. I prefer to pay attention to just driving.

Reactions: fldude99
Upvote 0
It is located under Voice Talk and one other location that I cannot remember.
It makes the device read notifications to you so you do not have to take your eyes off the road.
I didn't really like it after I tried it so I have forgotten the location. I prefer to pay attention to just driving.

Ahh ok. I choose not to complete the installation of that voice talk. If I want Vlingo, I'll just install it from the market. Why did Samsung incorporate Vlingo and call it voice talk or whatever..what a crock

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones