• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

End call button sometimes not responsive

bc1080

Dec 30, 2011
My phone has been having issues with the end call button. Sometimes it works ok, other times I have to fight with the phone to get it to end the call. Often I will hit the end call button and even though I can see the animation of a button press, nothing happens. Repeated presses do nothing, it can take up to 5-10 seconds for the call to end. I even turned on the accessibility feature using the power button to end calls, but this has the same unreliable behavior as the onscreen button.

This is resulting in me having a lot of awkward end of calls and unintentionally leaving messages for people because I can't disconnect before the machine starts recording. Including a humorous one where I cussed at the phone for not hanging up and it was recorded on the machine. Has anyone had this happen on an android before, is there a known issue or fix?

I've had an Atrix 2 for about a month and it seems to have a hard time disconnecting/responded to End Call, same as suggested here. I have to be careful about what I might say after hanging up. Someone suggested turning off haptic feedback, but that's already off. Have tried different keyboards, still an issue.

AT&T, Android 2.3.6, BTW.

Upvote 0
Just updating on how mine is going. Last week the tech support guys told me I had to factory reset my phone for another reason. When I did I finally got the 2.3.6 push, and this did seem to improve on the issue drastically for my unit. It was not completely fixed, but it did seem to reduce the lag to 2-3 seconds or so in nearly all cases (still not the half second my old phone with a physical end call button did, but an improvement.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones