• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Enter CWR with phone off

lennydude

Android Expert
May 19, 2010
Maine USA
Was wondering..........

I am on 596 rooted/deodexed and have the BWC theme. Phone works fine....................just wanted to make sure i was up to snuff on how to do things if something happens.

With my phone shut off...................how do i get into Clockwork Recovery?

I tried holding the power and home buttons but could not get in...........it just boot looped as i held the buttons and when i let go, it booted normally. Never did get the triangle and exclamation mark?

Lenny

Holding down the home and power keys gets you into stock recovery, Len. To get into CMR, do one of the following three things:

1) Get in through droid 2 bootstrapper
2) With the phone on, do a battery pull, then restart. It should put you right into CMR first.
3) Start up the phone while it's still plugged into the wall or car charger.

Let us know how you do.

Reactions: lennydude
Upvote 0
Holding down the home and power keys gets you into stock recovery, Len. To get into CMR, do one of the following three things:

1) Get in through droid 2 bootstrapper
2) With the phone on, do a battery pull, then restart. It should put you right into CMR first.
3) Start up the phone while it's still plugged into the wall or car charger.

Let us know how you do.

still bootlooped

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones