• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Erase Rooted S2 personal data But keep Root & mods ??

systemofadown

Android Enthusiast
Oct 18, 2012
Hey Guy's, I finally upgraded to the Boost Mobile Galaxy S5 so I guess I'll try & sell my Rooted S2.
I'd like to remove all my personal data but keep stock rooted GC01 (JB). The reason being that my phone had the phantom menu problem & the power button just quit working after a random reboot. With Root I was able to over come both these problems.
I plan to let perspective buyers know these issues & know that I have the workarounds in place. So keeping Root is a must.
Just wanted to know if going into settings - backup & reset- factory data reset would affect Root?
Also will that be enough to prevent some one from somehow finding any personal data later?
I also plan to remove the Pro version of TI Backup & SU Pro just leaving the un-paid versions.

Thanks for any help in this matter ;)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones