• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris OEM Touch Screens

Hipshot

Feb 21, 2010
I was in the same boat... no ins. Owned my Eris 8 days... Broke the glass! (Aren't we dummies? ) And BB was giving me grief. The repair shops in the area wanted $130 to fix it. And new screens are darn near impossible to find... darn near that is...

Well I found some! OEM Screens! Well they are not just glass, they are actually an electronic part. They were in mainland China where they are manufactured.. Oh.. I hadda wire the money ahead of time.. .(I know.. BIG BIG Risk!) But.. .after some dialog with these folks, I decided to take the chance.

It paid off! I got them! (Did I say them?) I believe I DID! I figured...I'm not alone here.. and If I'm lucky enough to pull this off, why not let a few others benefit too?

Well wouldn't ya know it? The same day I got them.. .BB came thru to help me! (Murphy's law) So.. Here I sit with spare screens looking for a good home!

I was going to Ebay them.. but.. frankly I'm not looking to make any money here.. I just want to get my money back and help a few folks on this forum. So.. here goes..

The first 3 people to pm me are the winners! $65 Bucks shipped & insured! Paypal accepted

Now I don't claim to know how to put these in but I understand its relatively easy. And their are you tube videos out there to show you how. I understand once you got it apart, the trick is to heat the glass with a hair dryer to soften the glue to remove and you will be in business. And you can replace while the glue is still soft. Easy!

Now.. we both know its glass. And they made it from china without a break. And I'll take even MORE care to make sure they get to you safe. However its just too easy too cheat the system here so I will be sure to insure these packages just in case. If you claim they are broke, You deal with the fedex claim. Fair enough?

So.. get em while they last!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones