• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Error messages, download mode not working etc.

Hi,

Today I've tried to revitalize my old LG L90 with the intention to use it as a flight device for paragliding. About 2 years ago, when it was powered down for the last time, everything worked well.

That was not the case today... It starts OK, but after that I get several error messages, all the time (about once every 2 seconds another message pops-up, even when I closed that same message a few seconds earlier):
  • Google + has stopped
  • Google Play Kiosk has stopped
  • Process com.google.process.location has stopped
  • Google Play Services has stopped
  • Process com.google.process.gapps has stopped
I'm also not able to do an Android update. The screen says that the download is in progress and I should check the message screen, but it never shows any download (my internet connection through WiFi is active and working).

When I try to do a factory reset (I don't mind that my old data gets erased), it will reboot first, then displaying a Secure booting error and then the dreaded purple screen of death from DemiGod crash handler.

When I restart my phone, nothing has been done and the phone boots up normally, but with the errors above.

Booting the phone in download mode, results in the same secure booting error, so I can't flash it...

Any suggestions how to (at least) reset the phone to factory settings? Or, even better, how to flash it to a more updated Android version, preferably without bloatware? I'm really out of ideas (and not a hardcore Android user by the way, rarely use it).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your reply. I tried a factory reset from settings/backup several times, resulting in that secure booting error first and after a few seconds I get the purple DemiGod screen. Because I can't connect to Google Play (probably due one of the error messages I've described in my initial post), so I can't update any apps. I've cleared data and cache from all apps, but still nothing...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones