1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

error on texts too many numbers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by blackdog1, Nov 18, 2014.

1. blackdog1

blackdog1 Lurker

Got a note 3 (verizon) slight problem with texts...live in uk ehere numbers start 07...if i send a text to own phone it works ok, but text comes up when delivered as +447.... its uk code 44 with first 0 missing off mobile number...if i try to reply ,error comes up as "too many numbers " same if girlfriend sends text..her number is saved as 077 etc , can receive the text as +447 etc but cant reply unless i go to "phone book" and send text from there, using o77 etc have added numbers in phone book as 00447, 0447, +447,++447 but phone will not send ..

2. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

Possibly a Verizon firmware restriction. No such problems on my Note 3, the international SM-N9005. As seen here with tonight's loving text conversation with my other half:
    [​IMG]

Does it do the same from Google Hangouts you can also use for SMS?

3. blackdog1

blackdog1 Lurker

Dropped it in a phone repair shop today, will let you know result tomorrow (thursday) .

4. blackdog1

blackdog1 Lurker

Phone repair place cant do anything with it :(

5. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

Did they try anything at all? My suspicion is they turned it on, saw it was a Verizon American import and turned it off again.

I think unless a third party replacement SMS app works your stuck typing each phone number out (07 not +447 to start) at the start of a new SMS conversation. Unless someone knows different.

6. blackdog1

blackdog1 Lurker

Installed handcent....seems to work ok..just wish i could find a text service which uses mobile network not internet

7. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

Google Hangouts works on both Wi-Fi and network. I believe It can also be set to switch automatically between the two . I hope it also stops your problem.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews