• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Error when I try to check for update

My phone auto updated about 4 weeks ago when they pushed that GPS fix that doesnt really work. Since then, when I try to ask for additional updates, I get a messge "no firmware". I call AT&T, they couldnt explain it. They said they called Samsung and Samsung said dont worry about it. But now my phone say something like "device updated with new software" every time I shut it all the way down and then sometimes randomly throughout the day.:eek:

Upvote 0
When I try to check for firmware updates, I get an error that DM is not initialised and to check SIM card or network connection.

Go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>(hit menu button)>Filter>Running>Device Management>Clear Data, restart phone, then try requesting updates again.

My phone auto updated about 4 weeks ago when they pushed that GPS fix that doesnt really work. Since then, when I try to ask for additional updates, I get a messge "no firmware". I call AT&T, they couldnt explain it. They said they called Samsung and Samsung said dont worry about it. But now my phone say something like "device updated with new software" every time I shut it all the way down and then sometimes randomly throughout the day.:eek:

The update did not fix GPS, it wasn't supposed to. The phone should have automatically installed the update. The reason you are getting the "No Firmware" message is because you probably already have it.

Upvote 0
When I restarted the phone it allowed me to check for updates, but then I got an error that it could not connect to the server. After that, it would not let me check for another 24 hours, so I changed the date forward and it let me check again, but same error. I will try it later.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones