• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Error when lauching my first android studio program

Ipokor

Lurker
Apr 30, 2020
Hi all, I’ve been learning JAVA language and I’ve just started an online course on android application programming and am trying to use Android Studio.

On my first attempt I am already stuck. When I try and launch a Hello Word I get this error message : « Emulator: ERROR: resizing partition e2fsck failed with exit code 8 ».

I’ve tried to change the API level and the screen type that I tried to launch in on, but nothing seems to work, and the problem keep happening no matter what I try.

I would been super grateful if anyone had any advice for the complete nood that I am!!

Thanks !

Welcome to Android Forums, Ipokor! :)

Congratulations on starting to develop Android apps; maybe we'll see some of yours in the Play Store soon.

As for the problem you're having, your best bet for getting help is by posting on our Android Development board. Please be very specific; give details such as which OS you're using, and your Android Studio's version. The more specific you are, the better!

Good luck with your app. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones