• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ESE53 & Swype...

Ibanez540r

Jan 7, 2010
Anyone else really missing swype after going to ESE53 based ROM? Really loving the rom, but kinda dying without swype. I hate manually typing in letter by letter when using the phone in normal position. Use to be able to fly through text and not have to go horizontal to type. Anyway, any idea when Swype for 2.1 is coming out???

Anyone else really missing swype after going to ESE53 based ROM? Really loving the rom, but kinda dying without swype. I hate manually typing in letter by letter when using the phone in normal position. Use to be able to fly through text and not have to go horizontal to type. Anyway, any idea when Swype for 2.1 is coming out???

I'm also using Swype with absolutely no problems on ESE53. Read through this FAQ, it will help you. [FAQ] Bugless Beast 2.0.1 & 2.1

Upvote 0
OMG I love you guys. Originally my swype keyboard would come up but anything I hit it would make the acknowledge noise but do nothing. So I re-installed and it gave a warning that it was not designed for my device and may not function properly and did the same thing. Hence after going a week or two I made this thread. Well, after reading some of your responses saying it DOES work, I deleted and installed again and all working great!!! Awesome... BTW I'm on Adamz 6 rom

Upvote 0
OMG I love you guys. Originally my swype keyboard would come up but anything I hit it would make the acknowledge noise but do nothing. So I re-installed and it gave a warning that it was not designed for my device and may not function properly and did the same thing. Hence after going a week or two I made this thread. Well, after reading some of your responses saying it DOES work, I deleted and installed again and all working great!!! Awesome... BTW I'm on Adamz 6 rom

Well, if we paid attention to warnings none of us would be rooted :D Glad it is up and running.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones