1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Evo 4G Getting Slower and Slower

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dlin95123, Dec 26, 2011.

1. dlin95123

dlin95123 Well-Known Member

I bought my Evo 4G in March this year and it has the V4 hardware. I have updated the software to the latest version. Lately, I have found that it is becoming slower and slower. For example, when I tried to record a video, it would freeze up from time to time. The Facebook application is much slower now.

Is this common?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. geekofagirl

geekofagirl Newbie

Hi.

Have you checked your internal memory lately?
    From your home screen:
    menu > settings > SD & Phone Storage

Toward the bottom, take a look at the "Available space" under "Internal storage."
    Is this number more or less than 50 MB?

The phone should still function decent on down to about 30MB, below that, you will definitely have some issues. Typically, I'd say keep it at least at 50, if not above.

If it looks like you are running low on space trying clearing some cache in some of your apps or removing apps you don't use.

If internal storage doesn't seem to be an issue, there are some other things to look at as well.

3. dlin95123

Thanks for the tip. My Evo 4G still has 94MB of internal storage. So that is probably not the cause.

Anything else I should look into?

4. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

advanced task killer. download the apk and install it, then long press on the home screen and add a widget for ATK (advanced task killer) so that you can randomly just touch it as opposed to having to open the app all the time and doing it the long way

5. geekofagirl

geekofagirl Newbie

EVO 4G - Support and Troubleshooting: Sticky: Task Killers! Must read...

Perhaps try a task manager first so you can see if any particular app is taking over, and then kill only that app - or better, uninstall it.

Personally, I use Watchdog Lite (it's free in the market). You can see real time CPU and memory usage by each running service.

6. dlin95123

I have been using Android System Info. It shows that I have 90+MB of RAM unused and the CPU is between 5% to 20% if I look at for a few minutes. These numbers look fine to me.....

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews