• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Evo 4G rooted but no longer connected to a service

kryptonyt

Aug 3, 2011
I originally tried posting this in the rooted forum but when I tried to post I was signed out and when I looked for the rooted forum I couldn't seem to find it so I posted her.

It is in near perfect condition. It's connected to my network and all the apps seem to work except the one I would like to use most: Google Voice.

When the phone was still working on the Boost network I had no problem using Google Voice. Now that I'm moved on to another phone and service I get a message that says I no longer have an account with that number. They must mean the Boost number.

Before switching phones and carriers I got a new HTC Desire which never worked right from day one. The Evo 4G was rooted the Desire was not. After the phone number of switched to the new phone the Desire was capable of using Google Voice to make calls. In fact that was about the only way it was reliable.

Finally HTC had me send the phone back saying it would take 6 to 10 days to fix. Six weeks later I got a new phone in the mail.

I decided to change to change carriers from Boost to Verizon and HTC to Samsung 5S. That phone has been exchanged also and the new one still seems to have far too many problems to mention.

But it's the EVO 4G that I want to work at home by using Google Voice. I get a message which sounds to me that something in the phone is associating a phone number from Boost that I no longer have. One person advised me to " remove the sim card " I do not see a sim card and no one at Boost seems to know anything except that the EVO 4G was not made to work on the Boost network.

I posted in this forum because all of my original posts were moved to this forum.

Any idea's how I can get the phone to forget the Boost Number? It still thinks that the original number is associated with my phone.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones