• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Evo 4g vs. Evo V 3D ?

Hi all. To make this short, i currently own the Evo V 3d from Virgin Mobile but recently got a great deal on a brand new white Evo 4g. I haven't activated it yet but was planning to flash the Evo 4g to my VM account instead of using my current Evo 3d. My question is.... Would you do it? Is the Evo 4g the better device? Pros and cons? Just wanted to get some feedback before i decide on the Evo 4g and start the flashing process. I love the slickness of it and it seems to be a bigger device than the Evo 3d which is a plus also. What say you?

Are you talking about the original EVO 4g that came out in 2010 or the EVO 4G LTE that came out this year? Just need clarification.

One thing about the original EVO 4G, you can't get 4G service if you flash it to VM. I love the EVO 4G (original) as much as anybody. I still have mine but it's run its course. I mean you can still use it. It's a great phone, don't get me wrong. In reality, the EVO V is a better and faster phone.

IF you do use the original EVO, root it and flash a custom ROM. It will make it a better phone.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Are you talking about the original EVO 4g that came out in 2010 or the EVO 4G LTE that came out this year? Just need clarification.

One thing about the original EVO 4G, you can't get 4G service if you flash it to VM. I love the EVO 4G (original) as much as anybody. I still have mine but it's run its course. I mean you can still use it. It's a great phone, don't get me wrong. In reality, the EVO V is a better and faster phone.

IF you do use the original EVO, root it and flash a custom ROM. It will make it a better phone.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, i am referring to the Og Evo 4g. I was under the impression that if the donor phone was 4g, then i would be able to have 4g service on the Evo 4g. I just have read that wrong. That's def a deal breaker for me. It does seem like a really good device even though it is a bit dated. I think ill resale it. I got it brand new with 2 extra batteries and one extended battery with two wall chargers for $140. Maybe i can sell my Evo v and the Evo 4g and get the Evo 4g Lte. Thanks again man.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones