• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help EVO call PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!

Ok, so since I got the EVO occasionally people call me, i answer, they hear me, i dont hear them.

And now, will try to connect call, screen says ringing, call never rings/nor connects.

i am rooted but this has happened before i ever even started thinking about rooting.

root method: unrevoked
ROM: vaelpak 3.3

wimax and radios are up to date.

any help is appreciated. thanks!

someone did have a post similar to this recently (within last two weeks)

I can't find it right now but have you updated prl and data via menu.settings.system updates?

you might also consider unrooting and taking the phone in to service and repair as this may be an issue with the phone itself.

when rooting did you wipe data dalvik and batt stats? even a full data wipe in recovery before flashing the rom?

Upvote 0
I have the EVO and have been experiencing the same issues. At first I thought it was my phone, but then my friend who has a Blackberry came to visit and she was having the same issues. I'm starting to think that it may be a problem with the Sprint network in my area because when she was in MD she had no issues there. When she came to NC, her phone had the same issues as mine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones