• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root EVO Design 4G in this Section/Sub-Forum?

I "rooted" around in this section for a bit to see what I could find in regards to this phone as I just got it tonight...

Problem is, I am not certain and did not find a definitive answer to whether I should use any root guides or roms listed in the subforum with this actual phone. I saw where people made random posts about the Design 4G but the root guides and such date back before this phone was (or version of the phone) was released.

More simply, do I refer to this section and is it all safe...

Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO Design

...for a HTC EVO Design 4G phone? Or do I need to wait for such a subforum specific to this phone as it is not yet "listed"?

I "rooted" around in this section for a bit to see what I could find in regards to this phone as I just got it tonight...

Problem is, I am not certain and did not find a definitive answer to whether I should use any root guides or roms listed in the subforum with this actual phone. I saw where people made random posts about the Design 4G but the root guides and such date back before this phone was (or version of the phone) was released.

More simply, do I refer to this section and is it all safe...

Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC EVO Design

...for a HTC EVO Design 4G phone? Or do I need to wait for such a subforum specific to this phone as it is not yet "listed"?
no sir you are in the correct place :D. you will find everything you need here! the root guide will work with a sprint design boost and other evo design 4g phones.

Upvote 0
If you want stock rooted Rom just unlock boot loader install clockwork mod and download the zip from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1538053 this is supersu.zip and gives you root hope this helps the forums are dead for this phone from what I see a couple stragglers cone threw till they get a new phone we have no consistent devs I'm trying to learn how to port roms a guy dizz.something at sdx just learned how to port for our phone other then that 2fast and his boys did they thing for a second. But to me looks like our phone is a goner

Upvote 0
Thanks again!

I unlocked, added CWM, [Rom] Kingdom Ics xFuZiionZz-4.3.2 (Updated 8/7/12), and [ICS] Kingdom FastKernel V5 (8/28/2012).

As of now I am blazing along! On a side note, the phone itself was not slow before BUT I can tell a difference and improvement over the way it was. I hate having all that boost add on crap as well and glad to see it gone!

As far as it being a ghost town in here...I expect it to become more active as the price on the phone has dropped and is now only slightly more expensive than the LG Venice. Consider the fact that the Venice has a 1GHz processor, is only 3G, lower camera resolution, etc., for me it was a no brainer for the $20 difference...

Upvote 0
Thanks again!

I unlocked, added CWM, [Rom] Kingdom Ics xFuZiionZz-4.3.2 (Updated 8/7/12), and [ICS] Kingdom FastKernel V5 (8/28/2012).

As of now I am blazing along! On a side note, the phone itself was not slow before BUT I can tell a difference and improvement over the way it was. I hate having all that boost add on crap as well and glad to see it gone!

As far as it being a ghost town in here...I expect it to become more active as the price on the phone has dropped and is now only slightly more expensive than the LG Venice. Consider the fact that the Venice has a 1GHz processor, is only 3G, lower camera resolution, etc., for me it was a no brainer for the $20 difference...
dont you just love boost ID? :D but hopefully it will work lots of people are going with the gs2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones