• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO feel vs Incredible??

tmaxey1

Android Enthusiast
Nov 7, 2009
So today while at the mall i stopped at the Verizon kiosk to play around with the Incredible. Now i will say that it is kind of a brighter location but i came away from that experience worried that the EVO will feel a lot like the incredible. I have owned the Hero since it was released. I actually think my Hero felt better than the Incredible. I know the term "gorilla glass" is supposed to be what the incredible screen is made from. But it felt more like the plastic of the Palm Pre. The phone is light. But it just felt cheap. I wanted to love that phone. It would have made me want the EVO even more. But instead it left me a little worried. I made sure the display was turned as bright as it goes. But it just didnt seem like much to look at. The phone actually felt like one of the dummy phones tied to a wire in Radio Shack.

For anyone that has used both... Can you assure me the EVO is closer to the Hero or Iphone feel than the incredible. There is something about a phone that feels good to hold. The Samsung Instinct HD is a good example. Now i would never own one. But it does feel nice. It feels expensive. Not cheap and light weight plastic.

I've handled both the Incredible and the Evo. Where the Incredible seems very light and sleek, the Evo is 'manly' and definitely in charge.

BUT... I got none of the negative impressions you had about the Incredible. The screen is absolutely gorgeous to me, as is the sleek design.

Upvote 0
For me weight has a lot to do with the feeling of quality. My friend's Moto Droid is heavy (6.0 oz) and being that the exterior is metal I'm sure that helps with the solidity of the phone.

In contrast the Droid Incredible is very light, and as a result felt like a toy in my hand. I'm not saying it's a bad thing I'm sure most people would rather have a lighter phone.

I have not got my hands on the Evo yet but it shares the same weight with the Moto Droid.

Upvote 0
So today while at the mall i stopped at the Verizon kiosk to play around with the Incredible. Now i will say that it is kind of a brighter location but i came away from that experience worried that the EVO will feel a lot like the incredible. I have owned the Hero since it was released. I actually think my Hero felt better than the Incredible. I know the term "gorilla glass" is supposed to be what the incredible screen is made from. But it felt more like the plastic of the Palm Pre. The phone is light. But it just felt cheap. I wanted to love that phone. It would have made me want the EVO even more. But instead it left me a little worried. I made sure the display was turned as bright as it goes. But it just didnt seem like much to look at. The phone actually felt like one of the dummy phones tied to a wire in Radio Shack.

For anyone that has used both... Can you assure me the EVO is closer to the Hero or Iphone feel than the incredible. There is something about a phone that feels good to hold. The Samsung Instinct HD is a good example. Now i would never own one. But it does feel nice. It feels expensive. Not cheap and light weight plastic.

Gizmodo mentioned this in their preview:

"It reminds me of the Big O, a mecha from a really amazing anime series a few years back: broad, heavy, red and black, contoured by purely functional lines. It's the epitome of what one means when you say a phone feels "sturdy." It makes other phones, like the aforementioned Incredible

Reactions: tmaxey1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones