• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Evo not being recognized by computer.

Psheezyy

Lurker
Aug 5, 2011
When I plug my evo into my computer, Vista says "unknown device found". With that, I can't do anything. The main reason I want to connect it is for the app DoubleTwist. But without my computer recognizing it, I can't do anything. Oh. I'm new :p .. Help please?

When I plug my evo into my computer, Vista says "unknown device found". With that, I can't do anything. The main reason I want to connect it is for the app DoubleTwist. But without my computer recognizing it, I can't do anything. Oh. I'm new :p .. Help please?

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i would go here HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC EVO? 4G (Sprint) - Downloads and download htc sync and install it. hopefully that will help.

for me sometimes my computer will not read unless i connect it a certain way. i have to attach the usb side first then attach the phone to the cable last. anytime i have issues with it not see my phone, this always works for me. i do not know why.

if that also does not work it could either be your phone port or your cable.

Upvote 0
You need to make sure that when you hook your phone up the phone is set to be read as a disk drive and is not on the other options. If you are unsure with the phone connected to the computer drag down the notification bar and you should see a usb icon it will tell you how its hooked up

1 is Charge Only
2 is HTC Sync
3 is Disk Drive
4 is USB tethering

Make sure disk drive is the selected option.

Upvote 0
You need to make sure that when you hook your phone up the phone is set to be read as a disk drive and is not on the other options. If you are unsure with the phone connected to the computer drag down the notification bar and you should see a usb icon it will tell you how its hooked up

1 is Charge Only
2 is HTC Sync
3 is Disk Drive
4 is USB tethering

Make sure disk drive is the selected option.

Gosh, I already know that... Pretty sure it is my usb cable that's the problem.

Upvote 0
Okay, here what it looks like when i attach the phone. Pleaseee help.

Attachments

• IMG_1388[1].JPG
    IMG_1388[1].JPG
    236.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1389[1].JPG
    IMG_1389[1].JPG
    230.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1390[1].JPG
    IMG_1390[1].JPG
    217.4 KB · Views: 16
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones