• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Exactly how much RAM does the Charge have?

I read a post here stating the Charge had 384mb of RAM free for apps, which 128 allocated to the CPU. Don't know if that's the case or not. However, I examined the Droid X2 and found that it did in fact allocate RAM for the CPU.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the amount of RAM allocated to the CPU changes depending on how much work it's doing. Don't quote me on that though!

Upvote 0
I don't see anywhere specifying the amount of RAM in the Droid Charge.. Does anyone know?

If you have the charge or testimg the charge at a store click on the "task manager" app thats pre installed on the charge and there you will see how much ram is on the phone. But if im not mistaken i believe theres 512mb of ram

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones