• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Exchange ActiveSync Poll - how's it working for you?

Is your Exchange ActiveSync working properly?

• Yes, no issues whatsoever

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • Not at all, constant issues, sync problems

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Intermittent issues, but works well enough

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Don't use Exchange ActiveSync

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
I have, they gave the same setting I used on corporate exchange that came w/ Apex 1.4.1 on my DX.

Everything is identical for the most part.
On the DX Username/Domain was one line
On the TB I have Username as one line, Domain a separate line.

I'm sure its something small that I am missing, I just don't know what else to try though...

Upvote 0
I think my problem is one of 2 things...
For my server do I include /owa at the end or not? Previously I did not need to but maybe this is different per device?

Domain\Username- Previously this was just my email address all on the same line. For this setup it has one line for each and I haven't figured out how that translates. Maybe there is no relation?

Upvote 0
See first post with update - now having a seriously bad issue.....

You're not the only one. I've had major issues with my HTC TB and EAS. I am the Exchange admin for our company, so configuration is verifiably correct.

A question for you: Have you tried to browse to your company's OWA during the time that you have problems connecting? I found it odd that I couldn't reach our OWA through the internet when my EAS acts up. I've also monitored firewall logs and can verify it's not us thats blocking traffic.

I posted something on this here: Exchange Activesync Issues (IT perspective)

Upvote 0
You're not the only one. I've had major issues with my HTC TB and EAS. I am the Exchange admin for our company, so configuration is verifiably correct.

A question for you: Have you tried to browse to your company's OWA during the time that you have problems connecting? I found it odd that I couldn't reach our OWA through the internet when my EAS acts up. I've also monitored firewall logs and can verify it's not us thats blocking traffic.

I posted something on this here: Exchange Activesync Issues (IT perspective)

No, didn't try it since the issues I was having were short lived. Each time I had send issues, it resolved itself after a few minutes, but sent each email 25+ times. Did it 3 times, once to internal recipient, twice to customers. Can't have that at all, the TB went back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones