• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Excited.

dobbs3x

Lurker
Jun 6, 2010
Hi, I am new here. So I figured I would post a little introduction.

I am a college student currently (was a soldier)
I am interested in Java and android development
I have just a tad bit experience programming (e.g. I recognize terms such as functions, classes etc. can see them in code but still have trouble understanding the concepts fully and when, why and how to fully use each one)
I am just now getting time and having a life where I can devote and learn Java.
I will be trying to study everyday for the summer in Java and hopefully get competent enough to develop some android apps for fun.
I have some neat ideas for apps but want to get Java down yet.

Hope to bring some apps and eventually advice to the community in the near future.

I have been in the IT industry for a long time, mostly desktop support but also some consulting work. The most I have really accomplished in some type of programming was some bat scripts (not real programming but I think a good step in the right direction)

Jeremy

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones