• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Extended Battery for Incredible

Penguissimo

Android Enthusiast
Feb 25, 2010
Forgive my ignorance on this topic, but I did search rather thoroughly and couldn't find an answer.

I currently have a Motorola Droid, and I'm considering jumping ship to the Incredible. I know that with Motorola phones, the extended batteries don't work quite properly

The DInc has a different foible though (which seems to apply to all batteries). To get maximum battery life you may need to "bump charge" - charge until the light turns green , then turn the phone off (light turns yellow) and continue to charge until it turns green again. I usually do it during breakfast after the phone has been on the charger overnight.

If I understand the problem correctly, the phone stops charging once the battery is full, so the battery is getting run down some during the rest of the night, but the light still stays green. So in the morning it says it's full when it no longer really is. Bump charging tops it off again.

Upvote 0
The bump charge issue is the only one I've ran into on the Inc. I typically charge batteries in my external charger and swap them out as one dies, but if I need to do a quick charge or use my car's charger, I notice that my 3500ma battery will jump to 100% fairly quickly, but once unplugged it will drop between 74 and 85% in a matter of minutes. However, once it reaches that point, its a steady and much slower drop. If I bump charge or use a fully charged battery, it reports accurately down from 100%. I still get at least two full days, and sometimes three, per charge, so it doesn't bother me much.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones