1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Extending a special offer?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by geodr, Apr 20, 2010.

1. geodr

geodr Member

Apr 20, 2010
    I received a letter from Verizon a month ago offering me an extra $50 credit for my NE2 upgrade to make a total of $150 - the catch was the offer expired April 15. Right then I knew the Incredible would be released after 4/15!

My question is - is there any hope of convincing vzw online sales or a store to extend the expiration date of the credit? I asked one online sales person and they said "no we can't do that for an online sale, but call a store, and they might be able to". So I called a store and they said "no when it comes in we won't be able to do that, but maybe online sales can". So is this a futile attempt? Should I wait until they are in stores on 4/29 and go in and talk to a manager? Or give up and pre-order now?

Advertisement

2. rc121

rc121 Member

Nov 15, 2009
    I probably wouldn't have waited until after the offer expired if I were you. You could have always tried to use the $150 and purchase any Verizon phone, then return it within the 30 day period for the incredible when it came out

3. geodr

geodr Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Does anyone have a response that might be a bit more helpful than that one?

4. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

You can try calling up VZN, but I don't see them being very generous--you might as well try. Other than that you can try and convince Best Buy that your NE2 is still valid and--since they cannot apply NE2 in their system--they might price adjust the "correct" price for you.

5. geodr

geodr Member

Apr 20, 2010
    anyone else?