• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Extending Battery Life

I rooted to Apex 1.4 a few days ago (Im a noob btw)... Is there some things I can do to help my battery life? I'm down to 50% after 6 hours :eek:! Also Ive seen some ppl say that autokiller wasn't good to run... thoughts? (Tried to find some info on here/google... gets to be a mind boggler)

Thanks for the input!

I switched back to my stock backup and brought it up to date to test my vehicles bluetooth, which wasn't working with my Focused rom.

I charged it before bed, when I got up it was still 100% and dropped to 90% by end of work, even tho I had a 35 minute call while at work. Now I'm at 70% after 34 hours. To be fair, I've only used it for a few calls and normal maintenance (check/delete emails, update apps thru market) since reloading stock. We'll see just how long the battery really lasts. It might be a problem with battery stats.

Upvote 0
Well I'm overclocked at 1.15ghz and I've been using SetCPU since Saturday but the battery life still seems to be running thru quickly. Been on 4-1/2 hrs and I'm down to 80% and I've only sent a couple txts and opened a couple apps, which have been closed afterwards. Checked my battery manager stats.... Display 37%, Phone idle 23%, Cell standby 18%.. those are my top 3. I have my display setting turned almost all the way down, so I dont understand. And the display has only been on about 20 min.

Upvote 0
I use autokiller and I'm on Apex 1.4. I get 36 hours of battery life with a regular battery and 51 hours with an extended battery. My phone is overclocked but is running at lower than stock voltage. Having profiles setup with SetCPU helps a lot with battery life also.
what settings as far as low voltage frequency are you running on the droid overclock.

Upvote 0
This is what I managed to eek out of stock w/ extended battery:

Unplugged70%20hours.jpg

... and that includes 2 hours of talk time too. I had some unusual FC's so had to reboot the phone or I would have included the breakdown.

My settings: OC/UV to 1250, battery saver profile, wi-fi on when at home, wi-fi sleep when plugged in. I use Y5 Battery saver to turn on my wi-fi on my set places.

OTOH, with Focused 2.0.1, 60% after 11 hrs with 50% attributed to email on an o/w idle phone. Not sure what's going on there. I was good with 2.0, but nothing but issues with 2.0.1. I might need to roll back to a previous backup.

Upvote 0

Unplugged70%20hours.jpg

... and that includes 2 hours of talk time too. I had some unusual FC's so had to reboot the phone or I would have included the breakdown.

My settings: OC/UV to 1250, battery saver profile, wi-fi on when at home, wi-fi sleep when plugged in. I use Y5 Battery saver to turn on my wi-fi on my set places.

OTOH, with Focused 2.0.1, 60% after 11 hrs with 50% attributed to email on an o/w idle phone. Not sure what's going on there. I was good with 2.0, but nothing but issues with 2.0.1. I might need to roll back to a previous backup.

So when you say OC/UV to 1250... what exactly are your settings? Dont forget your talkin to a noob here. lol

Upvote 0
OC/UV = OverClock/UnderVolt... highest stable speed at lowest stable voltage.

I ran Quickclock and it found settings similar to this:

quickclock_detected.jpg

I used QC to generate the "balanced" profile, which I entered in Overclock. (Press the menu button and view "help" to see how to do this.)

Over time, after every issue/crash/reboot, I incremented that number by one, generated a balanced profile, updated Overclock's profile and ended up with a setting which is very stable for me (every phone is different). This is my profile in jRummy's Overclock:

overclock_profile_mar_3_2011.jpg

Reactions: Goude
Upvote 0

Unplugged70%20hours.jpg

stupid question..what app puts those stats in your pulldown bar? tia.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones