• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nesdroid

Jan 2, 2011
Has anyone here been using fave unlock?
If so what are your thoughts on it?

I used it for a while and also tried to improve it by taking it under different light conditions.
I think that is a nice little thing to have to shut your iFriends up :cool:
It's surprisingly fast. Howerver my brother was able to unlock my phone using a photo. It did take him a while though.

I use Face Unlock mainly because it's easy to get in and access my phone. Even if lighting is poor, I click on the little unlock button to bypass looking for my face and enter my pattern.

If you have important data on your phone of course, then it's not a good idea to use face unlock.

As for JB Face Unlock, there's already a video of someone taking a persons photo, making a cheesy edit of them with their eyes closed, and played the two photos back and forth to make it look like they're "blinking".

To the average joe, they probably wouldn't know how to do that, but still, not the most secure way to lock your phone.

Upvote 0
I use Face Unlock mainly because it's easy to get in and access my phone. Even if lighting is poor, I click on the little unlock button to bypass looking for my face and enter my pattern.

If you have important data on your phone of course, then it's not a good idea to use face unlock.

As for JB Face Unlock, there's already a video of someone taking a persons photo, making a cheesy edit of them with their eyes closed, and played the two photos back and forth to make it look like they're "blinking".

To the average joe, they probably wouldn't know how to do that, but still, not the most secure way to lock your phone.

There is a way to improve it. After you finish setting it up go on the settings/security and improve face matching. You can take it under different lighting conditions.... And even without glasses if you wear any ( I do :p)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones