• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook Calendar Data Usage

Hi,

I have a Sony Tipo and one of the great features is a data usage section that tells you how much each app has used within the current billing cycle. Only way I stand a chance of sticking to my 500 MB limit!

I've noticed that every month about 100 MB goes on "Facebook Calendar". Why is this? I don't even think I use a calendar on Facebook?!!!

Does anyone know how I can switch this off? There's nothing obvious in the Facebook app itself.

Thanks!

Welcome craigahoptin!
:)
Although I am not familiar with your device, is there an option on the FB app to set the sync schedule? Perhaps set it to sync once a day, or sync whenever you open it?
Thanks for joining the forums :)

Thanks Mikestony. I have had a look in the app and reduced the refresh schedule to only once every four hours. I see if this makes a difference in my next data allowance cycle.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones