• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook, can it fall?

1. Is Facebook the champion for years to come?

• Yes

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 16 31.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole Facebook vs. Anti-Facebook reminds me a lot of Android vs. Apple.

With the network that we have designed, we are doing 2 things:

1. We will be attempting to make Android the number 1 platform over iPhone, for years to come.

2. We will be full-on competing with Facebook. It can be done, because our network is made for the user. We are giving you what YOU want, not what others want you to have.

We are killing 2 birds, with one stone.

Upvote 0
With the network that we have designed, we are doing 2 things:

1. We will be attempting to make Android the number 1 platform over iPhone, for years to come.

2. We will be full-on competing with Facebook. It can be done, because our network is made for the user. We are giving you what YOU want, not what others want you to have.

We are killing 2 birds, with one stone.

Easy to say, so tell me/us . . . how will your network compete? Why should I delete FB and use whatever your network is called? I do not have oodles of time for FB and I certainly have no interest in signing up for yet one more thing to do during the day.

Lots of people used MySpace and FB and FB won the battle an. I do not think average users can afford to constantly update and change a MySpace page as well as a FB page, so they choose Face Book.

I would like to know how you are going to convert millions of FB users to your site.

What does FB lack that you will offer? You say you want to give us users what we want. Explain how FB does not give us what we want and how you will address these apparent problems.

I went on a search for some lost friends and in one day, two long lost friends found me. So I do think FB is a good thing if taken in moderation. I simply do not have time for your site or Google's site, so what do you offer that is so compelling to make me care about your site?

You must not only compete with FB but Google's new site as well. They want to be the next FB and forgive me but they have the capital and personnel to better dethrone FB. Do you have the money, personel, and infrastructure to make a serious run at FB?

You talk about making Android "The number 1 platform over iPhone for years to come . . ." Explain or clarify. Are you developing an android application just for your site or is your site just for Android users? I am not so sure you can dethrone FB if your focus is so narrow.

Taking on FB means being open to everyone, not just Android users. FB is not platform dependent, it is big because everyone can access the site. Again, clarify.

People must be convinced to spend lots of time converting their friends to The ? Network, so more details please.

Reactions: jroc
Upvote 0
Easy to say, so tell me/us . . . how will your network compete? Why should I delete FB and use whatever your network is called? I do not have oodles of time for FB and I certainly have no interest in signing up for yet one more thing to do during the day.

Lots of people used MySpace and FB and FB won the battle an. I do not think average users can afford to constantly update and change a MySpace page as well as a FB page, so they choose Face Book.

I would like to know how you are going to convert millions of FB users to your site.

What does FB lack that you will offer? You say you want to give us users what we want. Explain how FB does not give us what we want and how you will address these apparent problems.

I went on a search for some lost friends and in one day, two long lost friends found me. So I do think FB is a good thing if taken in moderation. I simply do not have time for your site or Google's site, so what do you offer that is so compelling to make me care about your site?

You must not only compete with FB but Google's new site as well. They want to be the next FB and forgive me but they have the capital and personnel to better dethrone FB. Do you have the money, personel, and infrastructure to make a serious run at FB?

You talk about making Android "The number 1 platform over iPhone for years to come . . ." Explain or clarify. Are you developing an android application just for your site or is your site just for Android users? I am not so sure you can dethrone FB if your focus is so narrow.

Taking on FB means being open to everyone, not just Android users. FB is not platform dependent, it is big because everyone can access the site. Again, clarify.

People must be convinced to spend lots of time converting their friends to The ? Network, so more details please.

Look at it like this. Your Android is an all year Christmas Tree. Every once in a while, a present pops up under that tree, in the form of a new App. Everyone that has a Smartphone, awaits the next most popular app. We don't buy phones to just make calls anymore. We buy them because they are all year Christmas Tress. Or can be. We have created the gift, that keeps on giving. We have created the world's largest advertising platform, ever conceived, in doing so.

Facebook, has given us the groundwork. You may think it is incredibly difficult, but, we have done our homework. We are into the second round of funding. It has only taken us 6 months to get where we are at currently. Our new share offering is $.02 per share. An investment of $10,000 will net you 500,000 shares, equaling 1% equity of the 50 million shares issued. The minimum offer accepted will be $5,000.

We are developing our product now. In 2 months, we will have the full working product, ready for launch.

I wish I could give you all the information that you want, but, rest assured, that our technology will be able to be ported to any system available, when the android users have gotten the first taste. We will be available for everyone shortly.

In all honesty, we have made the "Facebook" experience, incredibly simple, and MUCH more private. We allow you to begin with maximum security in place, then let the user decide how much of the security they would like to back off of.

Anyone can come up with our idea, but, we are positive that, we have gone above and beyond the ideas that are currently in place, and that this is the game changer. When it launches, I will give you it's name. Go and get it.

This is the future though. We promise.

Upvote 0
I think facebook is so engrained into peoples daily lives, it's kind of like people's third gateway to the internet, you have google, youtube and you have facebook... I don't see it stopping, not in a few years anyway.

That being said I personally go on facebook less and less these days, but I'm male, over the years I've noticed less and less of my male friends being active on facebook however female friends have been as strong as ever lol. I think a big part of this is that it's just taken for granted after awhile, you think it's always there, it's never going to change so I don't bother going on as much because it's always just the same shit. This could potentially be it's downfall, unless something major gets added or changed it may fizzle out but that definitely won't be a short term thing.

Upvote 0
Personally, I think it can go either way. Google+ has some promising features (I haven't been on it yet, though...) and I'm looking forward to seeing if the unconquerable (Google) can take down the invincible (Facebook). Google just is so multifaceted that it's hard to tell who will win because both definitely have the user base and are now household names.

I don't mind facebook. As an army wife, it's a way for me to see what's going on in the day-to-day life of close friends and family who aren't near me. Mind you, I don't just arbitrarily invite whomever. I have only people I talk to on a regular basis on my facebook and have checked the features off that make it hard for someone to look up my name without us sharing a friend. I only have maybe 50 people on there so the regular BS that people talk about in facebook is pretty minimal for me. That and I make use of the 'ignore this post' button on a regular basis.

Upvote 0
Look at it like this. Your Android is an all year Christmas Tree. Every once in a while, a present pops up under that tree, in the form of a new App. Everyone that has a Smartphone, awaits the next most popular app. We don't buy phones to just make calls anymore. We buy them because they are all year Christmas Tress. Or can be. We have created the gift, that keeps on giving. We have created the world's largest advertising platform, ever conceived, in doing so.

Facebook, has given us the groundwork. You may think it is incredibly difficult, but, we have done our homework. We are into the second round of funding. It has only taken us 6 months to get where we are at currently. Our new share offering is $.02 per share. An investment of $10,000 will net you 500,000 shares, equaling 1% equity of the 50 million shares issued. The minimum offer accepted will be $5,000.

We are developing our product now. In 2 months, we will have the full working product, ready for launch.

I wish I could give you all the information that you want, but, rest assured, that our technology will be able to be ported to any system available, when the android users have gotten the first taste. We will be available for everyone shortly.

In all honesty, we have made the "Facebook" experience, incredibly simple, and MUCH more private. We allow you to begin with maximum security in place, then let the user decide how much of the security they would like to back off of.

Anyone can come up with our idea, but, we are positive that, we have gone above and beyond the ideas that are currently in place, and that this is the game changer. When it launches, I will give you it's name. Go and get it.

This is the future though. We promise.

So ... are you are here trying to sell investment opportunities? How about a prospectus and a few details. Like what is the name of your web site, who is involved in your "startup" and other such information.

Are you saying your advertising network is bigger than Google or some other well known corporation? So what is the name, surely you can tell us that much. Especially if it is "world's largest advertising platform, ever conceived..."

I think it is quite inappropriate to arrive in a forum, tell us how great your site is/will be, post info about your investment opportunity, then tell me/us you can't give us any details about what you are doing. That is my opinion, but it is the way I feel.

Bob

Upvote 0
I think it is quite inappropriate to arrive in a forum, tell us how great your site is/will be, post info about your investment opportunity, then tell me/us you can't give us any details about what you are doing. That is my opinion, but it is the way I feel.

Bob

Sure, I understand. That is the reason they made PMing, so if you are interested in wanting to know more, you have the ability to speak to me, and understand WHY we WILL NOT give out proprietary information. Trade Secrets.

I am not wasting your time. The advertising platform combines all of the best websites so you don't have to go to individual sites to monitor them. That means, we get their traffic. We have estimated that we will have, at a mere 10 million users, 20 billion advertising impressions available for sale, each month. There are 180 million Android users. This may not be Google Sized, but it is very impressive to us.

Upvote 0
It will still be there for quite some time, even if Google+ will eventually take over. I still use facebook everyday (i leave myself online most of the time, you can almost call it paranoid) and its going to be extremely difficult to pull existing facebook users to G+ in a short time. Google needs a killer app for G+ if they are going to want even a quarter of the total number of facebook's users.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones