• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook Contacts

lifispeachy02

Nov 22, 2009
Hey guys, I need a little help here. I have my Facebook profile linked to my Android phone, but it has all my facebook contacts with phone numbers on there. I dont want all those people on there because I never talk to them. Is there anyway to delete these people or sync it with my account, but only allow me to sync phone contacts with facebook friends? I just updated to 2.1 from 1.5 or 1.6, not sure which.

I had the same problem. Tap "settings" then tap "Accounts & sync", then you should see under Manage accounts a "FB" or "FB for HTC Sense". Tap on the "FB" or "FB for HTC Sense" and then tap "remove." It will give you a warning that you are about to delete this and that but your FB will still work just as it did before you synced it. If you ever decide that you want all that crap back (I can't imagine why) then all you have to do is go back into "manage accounts" and tap "add account" and it will re-install the FB or FB for HTC sense again. Then all you have to do is sync it again and you will have all that useless info again. Just like I did after I traded my Hero for an EVO. You would think I would've learned from my mistake the first time around but no such luck.
Let me know how it works out for you.

Chaney

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones