• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook email notifications - different tone?

siuc1996

Nov 11, 2009
I'm sure this can be done but I'm not finding it. Coming from BB World, I would like to be able to get audible notifications of Facebook wall postings, etc. I know the only way to get this is by an email which I'm fine with. But is there any way to get a "sms" type of notification for just that email? I set the email up as a contact and I see where you can add a ringtone but I really don't want a ringtone, just a small "sms" tone, if you will. Any ideas?

I'm sure this can be done but I'm not finding it. Coming from BB World, I would like to be able to get audible notifications of Facebook wall postings, etc. I know the only way to get this is by an email which I'm fine with. But is there any way to get a "sms" type of notification for just that email? I set the email up as a contact and I see where you can add a ringtone but I really don't want a ringtone, just a small "sms" tone, if you will. Any ideas?

I have the FB app that came with the phone and it has a place to set a ringtone in settings for that app. My notifications do not come in email but I do have to have FB running in order to receive the notifications.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones