• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook problems loading up takes for ever. .

Tokyonino

Lurker
Aug 25, 2010
Hi I had a Galaxy S, and had lots of problems with Facebook, always took minutes to load up, sometimes didn't load up. Then I bought a Galaxy mini, and no problems, Facebook would always load up pretty fast.
Now I bought the new Galaxy S3, and again Facebook often takes ages to load up, and other times loads up pretty fast.
However the last few days , when I go to Facebook, it takes ages to load up and often comes up connection lost tap to try again, but always nothing, I tried restarting the phone, but same problem, very frustrating.
This morning I un-installed the app, and reinstalled, but still sometimes not loading up, its very frustrating, as this phone is suppose to be the fastest on the planet. I am very annoyed, after the problems with facebook on my first galaxy, i said I would never buy another samsung phone again.
Has anyone have same problems, and can tell me how to fix this ?

Thanks for any help.
Cheers, Nino

There's nothing wrong with your phone, it's the abomination that Facebook calls an app. The last few versions have all had the "lost connection" error on all phones, even when phone is connected to a strong cell or wifi signal. Plus it's ridiculously slow anyway.
Do yourself a favour and investigate whether you can live without the app by using mobile site in browser, Fast Facebook, or Friendcaster.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones