• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook work around

SyncMyPix is making me very happy right about now :)

Here is a tweet I made just this morning:
#Google needs to get it together w/ Gmail/FB/Twttr/Mspce/etc so you can change a profile/account picture in 1 place & have it sync!
and then this evening I log on here, and BAM! this is one of the top threads I see :D

Still not as it should be (in the app or OS!), but SOOOO much closer. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Not sure how many of you have Facebook or Use Facebook in general, but I was sick of dealing with the Facebook stock app. So here are the steps I did and have real time Facebook / can reply and all that... Not sure if this is the forum to use.. but regardless just wanted to put this out there for everyone.

1. Go to Settings
  2. Accounts
  3. Click Facebook
  4. Remove Facebook account
  5. Install Facebook for Android from the Market
  6. Sign in and setup your Facebook account.
  7. Download F+ off the Market
  8. Install, setup, you can choose whatever time you want it to check for Facebook notifications and such.
  9. You can even reply with this program, GREAT GREAT tool.
  10. Now your probaly wondering how your going to sync pictures to your contacts.. well the next step will fix that for you...
  11. Download SyncMyPix from the market
  12. Install, and it will sync your pictures to your contacts as long as Names Match.
There you have it, for people that wish Facebook App was more like the one for Blackberry and such, this will get you real time notifications and no facebook contacts in your contacts.

Any questions comments or concerns let me know... Or the settings I use I'll be happy to post.

I've been a lurker for a year now, finally joined the forum =)

Now if you can find a way to make uploading videos not a complete pain in the A**.

Reactions: msbrenie
Upvote 0
Couple of questions.

1) There is a free Friendcaster and a FriendCaster Pro ($4.99). Which one are you guys using? Looks like one of the main differences is no adds on the Friendcaster Pro. Is that it?

2) I deleted Facebook from "My Accounts" and I already had the Facebook App from the Market. Right now, I have the free FriendCaster downloaded as well as SynMyPix.

When you actually want to use Facebook, do you click on the Facebook App widget or the FriendCaster widget?

3) As long as I'm logged into both Facebook App and FriendCaster, I will receive notifications on my phone......is that right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones