• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebooks profile photos not syncing

Bigdhal

Lurker
Nov 9, 2009
Hi All,

New to HTC Hero and Android and i've had a little problem present itself this morning with my Facebook contacts and Phonebook. Basically, when i set the phone up, i linked everyone that i had On facebook with thier contact info on my phone. All the photo's linked over and i've been receiving updates etc as your supposed to. However this morning i looked trhough my phone and on the widget where you show your favourites, as well as the whole phone book, the profile pictures have disappeared!?!?!

Has this happened to anyone before, is it a common problem (i couldnt find any previous threads etc), and can someone assist in fixing it again?

Thanks in advance.

C:D

I've tried this, but says i'm logged in. Not touched anything on my facebook page, and as i said it's strange that it's basically done this overnight! I've done the whole remove battery, switch off and on, etc, and it's still not showing.

Updates etc all come through no problem from people i've linked too, just annoying that i cant see the photos:mad:

Thanks anyway.

Upvote 0
Frank, i'm noticing that too, not everything comes through on the FB App, but does eventually. Was thinking about just remiving the app and then installing again?!?!?!:thinking:

What version HERO do you have? I just got mine on Sat, but keep reading about new upgrades to the ROM/RAM or something. Any Ideas?

C:D

Upvote 0
hi i had trouble with this but eventually worked out the best way for me,some of the steps might be unessacry but just lettin u know what i did. first of all i went into Menu, Settings, Social Networks,logged out then logged back in.
then i went into someones contact who has facebook go to edit profile then untap on fb link then tap again to link fb profile.
u will then see no fb contacts in list then press menu and update now
it will come up with every name on fb account but no pictures straight away.
then press menu and update now.
for me it only brought the pictures up for the first 6 or 7 profiles.i then scrolled down to the next 6 or 7 pressed menu and there pictures came up.might do it straight away once u upate but i have very weak signal took me a while but worked.
hope this helped
user_online.gif
progress.gif

Upvote 0
OXO, Thanks, i've noticed it syncing and then disappearing again over the past few days. I think it might have something to do with 3G or WIFI and when your contacts log on and off of Facebook etc. Strange, but one minute it worls perfectly and the next it's only half.

I'll have a further muck about with it tonight based on your Steps and let you know.

Thanks again all.
C

Upvote 0
I have the same problem, I'm on Vodafone.

If you are on vodafone you need to change your internet settings. Vodafone say they dont block ports but for some reason it doesnt work using the default internet.

So go to settings --> Mobile Network Settings --> Access point names and change your current setting to:
Code:
APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk
Username: wap
Password: wap

Should resolve the issue, and if you have free internet then wap IS included.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones