• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Factory reset = still running 2.73 ROM?

Spacemonkey

Sep 17, 2009
I upgraded to 2.73 a month or so ago and everything was fine. Then, to cut a long story short, I had the battery life issue, the Facebook anti-login issue, and the anti-PC connection issue - which meant I did a factory reset a couple of days ago (settings > security).

Figured I'd be stuck with the original ROM and would have to find a way to upgrade to 2.73 without connecting to the PC. But the phone has been suprisingly slick and I've just checked About Phone and the Build No is 2.73.405.5. Does this mean it's somehow kept the ROM update? Or am I misinterpreting this?

Cheers
SM

No, he just did a factory reset...it resets from whatever ROM version is installed.

A factory reset does not flash the ROM version. That requires a different procedure, that calls the bootloader and wipes the current ROM and replaces it.

One cannot affect the ROM by doing a factory reset. It just wipes all configuration and data stored in the PHONE.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones