• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root failed root, need help

take the oxygen rom put it on phone sd card
shut off phone.
hold vol down and power
vol down til u get over recovery
press power once
itll say HTC
wait...
itll start to load the recovery program...
press backup\restore
press backup
press check
itll start to calculate
and now backup
(Btw im doing this at the same exact time im writing it, just for better details)
press check mark again
press back arrow
now do wipe|format on main screen
do wipe data/factory reset
checkmark
check again
wipe cache
check mark
wipe dalvik cache
check mark
format system
check mark
press back button
install from sdcard
choose zip from sdcard
press update-oxygen-2.3.2-BravoC-signed.zip
check mark
wait...
check again
back button
back button
reboot now
checkmark
*if reboot doesn't happen* take out battery and put back in then press power*
DONE!

Upvote 0
If you ever want another rom like ICS. Just ask and ill upload it for you to download. Lmk and ill have it uploaded by tomorrow. Btw this process is like that foe EVERY rom you install. you don't HAVE to backup when you want to install a new rom. but its really recommended. as long as you have a backup of your original USCC rom, Youll be fine.
and you never have to format system again. That was just to clear the old data left over from your partitions

Upvote 0
Thank you SuRoot for all of your help in this thread. I would have not been able to successfully help jreuter21 without your help.
And jreutter21, I hope all goes well for you in your future of android modding!
If you ever need any questions, feel free to PM me if its more personal. Or if its for everyone to see, just start a new thread!
See you around!:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones