• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fancy Widget wont show the weather

Ok, I tried something else and got the same issue so Im wondering if its something I need to clear or redo in recovery?

When I click on my screen to add a widget there is a standard "News and Weather" widget listed (ie not a downloaded one from the market). When you click on it to display it on your phone it will ask if you want just news, weather or news & weather. If I choose weather the widget appears but says "no weather info." If I choose news it will display the news.

So 2 different applications but neither display the weather forecast? Very strange. Should I try clearing all that stuff you mentioned in recovery mode?

Upvote 0
Ya I have data connection. I can surf web and all that stuff. I just unchecked "use my location" and selected "set location" and just typed in my city name. And now it shows in the widget. So I guess thats good enough, but if I leave this area Ill always have to manually change it rather then it find exactly where im at and display the current weather.

Not a huge deal I guess.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones