• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Farewell. . .

Worm: Not saying good bye (cause I am already looking for your posts over on the Nexus forum) yet definitely THANKS. I learned so much from you, Scotty and Yeahha!

I picked my Nexus up on Friday night. Went to the store to just play with it...picked it up and never put it down. Stayed up until 3am reading the forums over there. Had it rooted and ran my first nandroid by 2am. Kept playing til 3. Scotty, you are so funny...i saw so many "help" qs...i tracked everything down (meaning potholes to watch out for) and did actually follow Koush's directions. By the time I rooted and ultimately flashed ROM manager to access CWM, there was a CDMA version so I was good to go.

Couldn't even guess how I would have figured it out without all of your guidance on ADB/etc (which actually was one of the tougher things...finding the right USB drivers). You guys are the best!

I too will be lurking and already put 930 radio on my "old" TB for my gift to my colleague...who will be getting my "hand me down."

Take care all and Merry Christmas!

Reactions: WormDoes
Upvote 0
Have fun guys! Will miss you. I'll be sticking around here for a while. We only have two lines, and I just got on my wife's plan in late June so I am looking at 2013 for an upgrade since my wife wants a D4. Because the subsidy is built into the monthly rate, you are basically played as a patsy if you don't get a max subsidy. I wish they did it like T mobile.

My life is a lot busier now anyway, so I just don't have much time to play anymore...and if I do get some time I am going to pick up a TFP and play with that.

Reactions: WormDoes
Upvote 0
Have fun man. Tbolt was a fun toy for a few months but development has jumped ship on us it seems. I'll be jumping ship in 1-2 weeks to Nexus as well. Figure the devs will have fun with it for a long long time as verizons only somewhat pure phone.

Gotta thank a bunch of guys myself. You guys have saved my bacon a few times and got me into the root world. Thanks to you guys, you know who you are. You guys are great at what you do and its been fun. Thanks again!

oh ya have fun worm

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones