• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Fastboot commands freezing

D

Deleted User

When i try to install twrp with the command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" nothing happens. It just does nothing and outputs nothing, I can't even terminate it with Ctrl+c. I have checked everything is right. My bootloader is unlocked and my phone (Poco F1) is connected to a usb 2 port. No fastboot commands are working, they all do the same. They just freeze my terminal and outputs nothing until i disconnect my phone. Then it outputs
Code:
Sending 'recovery' (31068 KB)                      FAILED (Write to device failed (No such device))
fastboot: error: Command failed
This happens to all fastboot commands i try. Does someone know what is happening? I use Arch btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
When i try to install twrp with the command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" nothing happens. It just does nothing and outputs nothing, I can't even terminate it with Ctrl+c. I have checked everything is right. My bootloader is unlocked and my phone (Poco F1) is connected to a usb 2 port. No fastboot commands are working, they all do the same. They just freeze my terminal and outputs nothing until i disconnect my phone. Then it outputs "Sending 'recovery' (31068 KB) FAILED (Write to device failed (No such device))" And next line "fastboot: error: Command failed". This happens to all fastboot commands i try. Does someone know what is happening? I use Arch btw.
do you have usb debugging turned on? do you have the right drivers installed?

what happens when you type
Code:
adb reboot bootloader

this should get the phone in fastboot mode. now your fastboot commands should work.

Upvote 0
do you have usb debugging turned on? do you have the right drivers installed?

what happens when you type
Code:
adb reboot bootloader

this should get the phone in fastboot mode. now your fastboot commands should work.
ADB works like it shold work. It reboots to fastboost mode. Drivers are fine, I installed the android-tools package. I have usb debugging turned on.

Upvote 0
ADB works like it shold work. It reboots to fastboost mode. Drivers are fine, I installed the android-tools package. I have usb debugging turned on.

I don't know about Arch, but in Debian based distros the android-tools package contains outdated versions of adb & fastboot.

You should get these tools directly from google's repo...
https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-linux.zip

Now, I'm not saying this will fix your issue, but it's worth a look since you have a modern device that may require a more updated fastboot binary.

If you try it, make sure it's in your ${PATH} and that it's called instead of the Arch version.

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
I don't know about Arch, but in Debian based distros the android-tools package contains outdated versions of adb & fastboot.

You should get these tools directly from google's repo...
https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-linux.zip

Now, I'm not saying this will fix your issue, but it's worth a look since you have a modern device that may require a more updated fastboot binary.

If you try it, make sure it's in your ${PATH} and that it's called instead of the Arch version.
I am sure that the android-tools in Arch is up to date (because Arch is a rolling release distro). I tried what you said but the situation is mostly the same.
Commands like
Code:
fastboot reboot
now magically works, but the command for flashing the recovery still does not work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones