• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Fastboot to Clockworkmod

gtFlue

Nov 14, 2011
Ok, little lost here.

From what I gather, you should always BACK UP your ROMS before hand. But, in order to do that you need to install ClockWorkMod, Rom Manager not supported by gt540, so you have to install ClockWork recovery....which installs via FASTBOOT. Am I clear as mud so far?

So, how do you install FASTBOOT? I don't think I want to go through CyanogenMod 6 to get fastboot enabling, do I? Or do I?

Thanks.

Well, I finally pulled my head out of my arse and followed the steps in the Cyanogen 2.3.4 sticky under all things root. Had one major scare...the V20B_00+fastboot.kdz stopped in the middle of the install. Sat there for over an hour before I yanked the battery. Re-installed a Euro rom + fastboot and then managed to load 2.3.7 WOO HOO!

Everything seems to be working fine. I don't like that I no longer see what Cell Network I'm connected to, just some 5 or 6 digit number...will have to research that and see whats, what.

Not a bad experience...so far I'm happy!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones