• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fastboot won't recognise Nexux 5x

purpledog

Lurker
Jun 16, 2018
Hi, I am struggling to get Fastboot to reccognise a connected Nexus 5x. I've enabled OEM unlocking in dev options, and am running the commands as root on Linux, but I get no results when running fastboot devices and when I run fastboot oem unlock it just says <waiting for device>

I've noticed that the USB options are not available when connecting the device, but the device still charges.

I have a brand new cable (and have tried a couple others too - exact same problem)

Anyone know where I'm going wrong?

Hi, I am struggling to get Fastboot to reccognise a connected Nexus 5x. I've enabled OEM unlocking in dev options, and am running the commands as root on Linux, but I get no results when running fastboot devices and when I run fastboot oem unlock it just says <waiting for device>

I've noticed that the USB options are not available when connecting the device, but the device still charges.

I have a brand new cable (and have tried a couple others too - exact same problem)

Anyone know where I'm going wrong?
Sorry I should add that the phone is in fastboot mode! I've flashed an image succesfully a couple times before but am stuck this time :-(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones