• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite launcher?

It's interesting the amount of discrepancies people have with launchers. I use LP with no lag whatsoever, yet I know others who had lag with LP but not with ADW. Vice versa as well.

I think some of the people who experience lag with Launcher Pro are the ones who did not clear all of the widgets and shortcuts from their stock home screens prior to using LP.

Upvote 0
Bumping an old thread because, after fretting with lagging launchers (LP and ADW), I have dumped both and am now using ZEAM Launcher. Sure, it's lightweight, scaled down, and doesn't have the bells and whistles, but..... IT DOESN'T LAG. ADW was better than LP for me, but even ADW was having issues. So my 2 cents worth.... give Zeam a try if you want a glitch and lag free launcher.

Any screenshots?

Upvote 0
Using LPP, only issue I have is with using the Motorola direct dial widgets. I've resized them down to a 1x1 and have them set to specific numbers so that it dials immediately, but.....for some reason the widgets go wonky. It's almost like the picture is back to the 2x2 but only displaying the 1x1, and it goes to the caller profile rather than dialing directly. I can fix this simply by resizing to 2x2, then back down to 1x1, including getting back the one touch dial. I'm still trying to figure out what triggers the error, but I think it's when I use my WeatherBug Pro widget on that same page.

Other than that, loving the LPP, especially the dock.

Upvote 0
Using LPP, only issue I have is with using the Motorola direct dial widgets. I've resized them down to a 1x1 and have them set to specific numbers so that it dials immediately, but.....for some reason the widgets go wonky. It's almost like the picture is back to the 2x2 but only displaying the 1x1, and it goes to the caller profile rather than dialing directly. I can fix this simply by resizing to 2x2, then back down to 1x1, including getting back the one touch dial. I'm still trying to figure out what triggers the error, but I think it's when I use my WeatherBug Pro widget on that same page.

Other than that, loving the LPP, especially the dock.
With folder organizer you can create direct call/text icons. It might be less frustrating than Motorola's. :)

Reactions: Wraithbane
Upvote 0
Here's a screenshot.... I'm running density at 210. There are some decent features to Zeam, just not all the bells and whistles ADW/LP have. But both of those lagged, on both my DX's (I used my insurance since the lcd on my original X cracked).

Attachments

• CAP201011232303.jpg
    CAP201011232303.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 67
Upvote 0
I purchased LP back when the phone first came out and loved it until 2.2. Had to uninstall because it made the phone too sluggish. What I miss most about it is the contacts widget. I can't find anything that works as nice as that widget.
I had been using stock since 2.2 but switched to Zeam a few weeks ago and am so happy with it. And yesterday's update made it even better. They've add the ability for the desktop to rotate with the phone, scrollable widgets, and a bunch of other features.

Upvote 0
LPP, no lookin' back.

Whatever launcher you use, make sure you remove the widgets from your blur screens so you don't have all that crap running in the background. That's probably where some of your lags are coming from. Essentially you were running two launchers. Home Switcher will let you change back to blur to clean up your old screens.

I have always agreed with this notion in the past but tell me what you think about this. If you use home switcher and switch back to Blur Home after using LPP or something else you have to wait for Blur Home to repopulate all your icons, widgets and app drawer. My Incredible was the same way with Sense Home.

This makes me think that they aren't both running full bore in the background after all. Anybody care to comment?

GMB

Upvote 0
I have always agreed with this notion in the past but tell me what you think about this. If you use home switcher and switch back to Blur Home after using LPP or something else you have to wait for Blur Home to repopulate all your icons, widgets and app drawer. My Incredible was the same way with Sense Home.

This makes me think that they aren't both running full bore in the background after all. Anybody care to comment?

GMB

I can't say I remember seeing that.

My phone is faster w/o them and I never use the stock apps I'd find there.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone, I'm back for a little update with LPP after a couple of weeks using it. I definitely do give it a thumbs up when compared to the horribly put together MOTOBLUR. However, as many have mentioned before, LPP does have some lag when there are too much going on (and I refuse to use ATK!). The lag doesn't bother me as much so its manageable, plus the widgets are sweet! Definitely reminds me of SenseUI. Throw LPP in there with Beautiful Widgets and you have SenseUI on the X :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones